Hi guys ♥
So I painted galaxy inspired heart canvas yesterday 🙂
My heart was a bit towards the top, which I did kick myself later. I could’ve blended the white better aswell…. And I should’ve added more stars 😛
But I still like it ♥ So here’s how to make it: ( I’m sorry I didn’t take any pictures whilst doing it I forgot 😦 Sorry guys! )
1) Get a canvas, LOTS of sponges ( I stole my mums huge kitchen ones, and just tore off chunks hehe. I hope she hasn’t noticed), Black paint, white paint and the different colours you want for the spacey parts.. I had pink, purple, turquoise and blue 🙂 A paint brush, and if you have one, an old toothbrush.
Also, I didn’t have turquoise and purple paint, so for the turquoise I mixed blue and green to make a deep green and then added white. It makes an awesome turquoise. For purple I mixed blue and pink 🙂 Then for all the colours I added white to make them lighter where I wanted to blend.
2) Paint your whole canvas black… Or buy a black canvas. I painted mine, and personally I think it works better. Wait for it to dry and…
3) Pick your first colour. I chose turqoise and dabbed it at the corner and slowly added white to the colour to start blending it out.
4) I then dabbed the purple in another part of the canvas, and added white to make it lavendery. I then added pink inother corner, aswell as dark blue. In the center I added white to the dark blue and tried out a spiral thingy hehe.
5) This part is basically making the actual galaxy thing.. You can find a lot of tutorials for it on youtube so look around if mine were too vague 🙂
6) Then get a toothbrush and squeeze some white paint onto it, which is actually pretty bizarre. Then flick lots of paint onto the canvas to look like stars. This, in my opinion looks much better than dotting it on, which takes forever.
Wait for it to dry so we can get started on…
7) The heart. I got my sister to cut mine out of newspaper hehe (Thanks TJ) But you can easily find templates online. Anyway, cut the heart out and glue it on to your canvas using the tiniest amounts of pritt stick possible. I used a really cheap one to guarantee it not sticking 😉
8) Then dip your sponge into some white paint, making sure it’s not full of paint beacuse it can get hard blending. But anyway, blend it outwards, and try and make it look subtle.
9) Make sure there is more white paint around the edge so you can actually see the heart when you take it off. When you are happy wait for it to dry and then you can…
10) PEEL OF THE HEART 🙂 SLOWLY! So it doesn’t tear hehe. And then you can stare at your beautiful creation. Or if you don’t like it hide it before anyone sees QUICK!
I hope you liked this guys 🙂
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST: http://www.pinterest.com/angeltiiaa/
Love you guys! KEEP SMILING 🙂